Wednesday, October 15, 2008

breathe

I feel bathed in air, the beautiful fragrant cool moist air of a tropical morning. It feels like all I have to do today is breathe, what a great feeling. My mum is here and she seems to love this place just as I do. I’m so happy, I’m hoping she’ll come to live here part time. There’s a frog to my left, a large sleeping female Red-eyed Leaf Frog, (Agalychnis callidryas), before me sitting on the orchid is another, the Lemur Leaf Frog (Phyllomedusa lemur). A leaf falls from the fig tree, slowly parting the air until it touches the grass. Everything is beautifully still.
It’s been a really busy month. The garden has been full of growth and I’m doing all I can to keep up with the weeding and harvesting. My dear friends arrived and a lot of work was needed to make the house shine and the garden just right, and then my house needed a thorough clean for my mum and then there was the trip to the hot springs and the city and then and then and then. It’s been busy. But today is all about just breathing.